Planning Applications - If you need Planning Permission or Prior Approval, we take care of everything!
Generally, if you are proposing to change from one ‘Use Class’ to another, you will need planning permission. Most external building work associated with a change of use is also likely to require planning permission.
There are some exceptions where change of use is not required, or where permission for other uses may have already been granted and so it is always great to get clear and accurate advice from the start. That’s where we can help!
If you are proposing to change the use of buildings or land, we would always recommend that you get in touch with us first, or to seek advice from the local planning authority to confirm whether or not planning permission, or in some cases ‘prior approval’, is required.
We have worked on a wide range of 'change of use' projects, including preparing planning applications, building surveys and all architectural plans, layout designs and Building Regulations applications for:
- Outbuildings into annexes
- Class R - turn agricultural buildings into income-generating commercial space
- Class Q - convert former agricultural sheds and barns into stunning new homes
- Commercial property to residential units - including pubs, storage facilities and former restaurants
- Offices space to residential (flats)
- Barn conversions
- Shops into new living space
- Post office closures - conversion and re-use of buildings