How we did it: After meticulous planning and preparation, we are delighted to confirm that we have achieved full planning permission for the expansion of our client’s business that will allow the introduction of a number of luxury holiday lodges, set within stunning private woodland at their site in Thorney, Nottinghamshire - close to the historic City of Lincoln and nearby market town of Newark.
Lakeside Touring Caravan Park has been established for over 30 years and offers a tranquil and picturesque series of fishing lakes, numerous serviced pitches and plenty of space to relax and explore. The lodges will provide much needed visitor accommodation to allow more tourists to enjoy the beautiful parkland and surrounding tourist attractions.
This project represents part of our client’s continued enhancement of the site, with this latest £1.2m investment coming at a time when demand for high quality visitor accommodation has never been higher.
We started this project with a site visit and walk-around the full extent of the park’s grounds to gain a thorough understanding of the layout and setting. This provide our team with a chance to discuss the investment plans at length with the park owner too, which helped us to form a clear vision of what he hoped to achieve and for us to start to sketch out some provisional park designs for the new lodge area.
These early designs developed into detailed plans, and from there we started to formulate a comprehensive pre-application enquiry that would allow discussions with the local planning authority and Environment Agency. Coupled with our business case and a robust analysis of the local tourism economy, our approach led to positive feedback from the consultees and, in turn, this provided total reassurance to our client that the further investment required for a major full planning application (site assessments and surveys) would be good value for money and worthwhile.
Fytche-Taylor Planning provided full design and professional planning support from start to finish, including;
- Preparation of a detailed pre-application submission to the Local Planning Authority
- Pre-application engagement with the Environment Agency
- Full site design and support with the business case
- Submission of the planning application and liaison with the planning team and clients throughout
- Coordination of all third party consultants, giving our client a single point of contact throughout
- Sign-off for all technical reports, including Access Design, Flood Risk Assessment, Ecological and Arboricultural Reports, Topographical Survey and detailed drainage designs.