Case Study: How planning was achieved...
With bespoke design from our in-house architectural specialists, the new property is taliored to the specific needs of our client and will deliver over 2,200sqft of living accommodation, maximising the picturesque outlook across the adjacent land.
In order to gain approval to develop in this sensitive open-countryside location, we first produced sketch proposals in conjunction with our client, before putting a detailed pre-application submission together to discuss the development with the local planning authority.
The benefit of this approach was to establish an agreement with the planning officers over the principle of the new home, well before completing further detailed design work and the additional expense of the statutory technical assessments.
Having received positive feedback on the plans, our client was then able to move forward with greater confidence, knowing that they were investing into a project that had a good chance of success.
All planning consultancy and architectural design services were provided in-house, and in conjunction with trusted local specialist consultants (flood risk and ecology assessments) , to provide our client with a single point of contact from start to finish. We look forward to continuing to work with them throughout the build, providing full support with their Building Control application and building regulations, during the demolition and construction phases.
The services we provided for this project included:
- Client and site meetings to discuss their ideas and their family needs to identify the best options for the site
- Sketch proposals and pre-application pack
- Liaising with the local planning authority throughout
- Full architectural design, scaled plans and preparation of the planning application
- Planning Statement and Design & Access Statement
- Appoint and manage Flood Risk, Ecological and Tree Consultants
- Prepare and submit CIL forms, including self-build exemption
- Building Control Application